Thursday, May 28, 2009


I like to think I am smarter than thou.

Not gonna' brag....

Oh Yes! I will!

I had two champ years...89-91

First, I won the Junior Spelling Bee Tournament in Central Florida.
Then I got first chair in the Florida Youth Symphony.

Flute, bitches!!!

I don't have any awesome stories about band camp.
Never went.
I got turned off when we were required, as members, to wear uniforms.

We were the Vikings.
It was Florida.
It was fucking hot.

It was awful enough that to be a band member you were required to wear orange and white polyester mid-summer, and---as Vikings, we were also supposed to wear a solid white helmet with horns.

Suck much?

Let me answer my own question..
Yes, indeed it sucked.
Enough that I quit the flute forever.

I also quit the spelling game after my first total loss.

It soooo blew for me.

I didn't get into athletics until college.

All I had were half-assed attempts at mind sport.

I always wanted a trophy.
My Bro and sis had a full wall.

Point is, I am sleepless and watching the National Spelling Bee and cursing at perfectly cute little geniuses.

Thunder, you have been stolen.

Posted by Posted by penny earned at 8:12 PM
Categories:

 

0 comments: