Saturday, January 3, 2009


So I promised I'd kick this blog off on the good foot at the dawn of 09'.

My bad.
My foot seems okay, my back not so much, and my computer....

AAAARGH!

I had to give my thinkin' machine up to the Mac gods to resurrect,once again, for, who knows, what particular ailment. NOT ME!

I am of decent intelligence and yet every time I bring the thing into Apple and get told the diagnostics, all my ears hear is Charlie Brown's teacher talking.

"Whah, Whah, Whah, Whah", What the fuck?

And I feel stupid because I am a slave to this machine.
But I was born well before the advent of the internet.

So all these "geniuses" half my age know what they are talking about without regard to the fact that I was introduced much later in life to computin'.

Give me a break!

I hate it when I have to preface every question with, "Okay, this might sound dumb, but..."

Bratty know-it-alls'

I could school you in Trivial Pursuit so hard your whole being would ache.

But I got the thing back.

So we are on, bitches!


It's another year...aaaahhhh.

New Years blew pretty hard but it always does.
I mean I went out (and mad props, Sandrine and Al, for taking me along for the ride---you were stellar company) but all the events that seemed mildly intriguing were cancelled per the fact that we inhabit a windy, Nordic, frosty, snow globe.

That, and I got no kisses.
Or at least, I don't think I did???

It just seems that we always get our hopes up that our particular New Year's revelry and/or, it's total suckage, will be the acid test for the rest of the year.

And though I was lucky enough to have been accompanied by lovely peeps, we ended up being the only people who showed up to the party unaware that we were not,in fact, auditioning for the Mambo version of So You Think You Can Dance.

From now on, I think we should all celebrate New Year's on a more auspicious, less pressure-inducing, date.

I propose February First.

It's the first day of the month of love.
The shortest (yet only changeable month of the year).
It's the underdog to January First's all high and mighty, "we are number one" attitude.

February First is number one in the number two business...(and, yes, I know how that sounds)...

After all, It is the birthday of a very radical person I happen to know very well!

Posted by Posted by penny earned at 5:38 PM
Categories:

 

1 comments:

mehera said...

i always told people you were born jan 1. people were always so impressed! as they STILL ARE!

I already got a gluten free cake plan.

:)