Thursday, April 23, 2009


Holy effin' , I don't even know.

My hometown is on fire.
In fact, my brother's house burned down last night.

Cars were melting and, according to my pops, an entire county is demolished.

Best news I heard all day was that my brother was thousands of miles away in Nicaragua.

That's the good news.

I suppose the bad news is that a fairly substantial portion of Horry County people lost their homes.

But so far, (knock wood), nobody has lost a life.

My love and prayers, people.

And, I know I often talk shiz about the area in which I was reared (and let's be honest...Myrtle Beach is indeed the Redneck Riviera) I am obliged to thank god for it's ultimate safety.

I say a little prayer tonight for you, bro.
And I sincerely hope that your neighbors can see through the smoke and fog and realize that, the good news is, they are still here.

And, Mikey, if you are reading this..call me...

I love you.

Posted by Posted by penny earned at 9:19 PM
Categories:

 

0 comments: