Tuesday, October 28, 2008


I woke up feeling awful.

I was weirdly tired as I have been the past few days.
I say weirdly because I haven't been doing much at all.
I swear I had to deliberate the pros and cons of remaining as is and just allowing my dog to pee on the floor.
And it's cold and rainy, perfect "staying in bed" weather.

Finally, my better judgement won out and I threw some paper towels down.
Just kidding!
I layered up and released the hound.

I got back inside to make coffee, realized I was out of cream, threw the whole day in the pisser, and got back in bed.

I spent the next few hours watching the daily show on my laptop.
It's the only news source I turn to these days.

I finally had to get myself together enough to bathe because I had an interview.
I quite honestly didn't have my hopes up because though I may be charming, witty, own a Breck girl smile and buns you could bounce a quarter off of, the job market is, shall we say, as slumped as Lindsay Lohan after a night on the town.

But, gotta' keep the faith, right?

I'm not gonna' count any chickens before they hatch, but fingers crossed, I do believe I nailed it.

This comes on the crux of a new potential writing gig (unpaid, but damn interesting).

So,I get in my car enjoying a tiny glimmer of hope.

And I turn on the radio and they are playing And She Was by the Talking Heads.

Friends, that is one of my all time personal favorite feel-good songs.

So I am just driving along, singin' aloud...
God was my co-pilot.

Just as I pass the big blue bug, I spot a rainbow.

Are you kidding me?

You could have knocked me over with a unicorn sprinkled in fairy dust.

It turned out to be a good day.

Posted by Posted by penny earned at 6:37 PM
Categories:

 

0 comments: