Thursday, November 13, 2008


I am once again pissed off at my computer.

Many of you know my problems with mac have been frustratingly frequent.

A few days ago my firefox went haywire so I have been using the wildly inferior Safari browser.
And every time I want to look something up that I know I have looked up like, a million times before, I have to type the whole damn thing in.

Now, I am by no means fluent in computer terminology, but isn't that called enabling cookies?
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it.

And I cannot bring myself to go to the apple store yet again, because I'm sure they have started to think me some feeble-minded putz.

I have too much pride to drag my ass into that shame spiral.

And, oh lordy, please do NOT get me started on Itunes.
I can't afford a fancy Ipod. No, I have a faux-pod.
And because apple has such a monopoly on music sharing, I am unable to get my music onto my crappy Mp3 player.
So, when I want to rock out at the gym I am forced to listen to f.m. radio.

Heavens to murgatroid! Contemporary pop sucks a fat one.

There's this new media darling, Katy Perry, who just gets my goat.
She kissed a girl. Big deal. What self-respecting woman hasn't experimented a little.


Wow, you are soooo counter-culture.


So today I heard her new hit.
I'm not sure what it's called, but suffice it to say, it blows meteor-sized chunks.

The refrain has this clever bon mot..."You change your mind like a girl changes clothes".

Ummmmm, since when did girls corner the market on changing clothes?
What kind of stinky-ass dudes are you hanging with?

Some stupid magazine I was reading dubbed this bitch "America's next pop goddess".

Well, if that's true, consider me a heretic.

Posted by Posted by penny earned at 3:37 PM
Categories:

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What self-respecting woman hasn't experimented a little"....Intriguing.
I may be in love with you.

Anonymous said...

Who is this Doug fellow and why has he never commented on any of your razor-sharp witticisms before, but the moment a mild, vaguely homo-erotic girl-on-girl reference is briefly lit upon, he sprouts from the woodwork? Almost as unexpected and refreshingly original as the aforementioned "pop goddess".

penny earned said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
penny earned said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

how 'bout nah nah nah nah nah nah i'm gonna start a fight.


heard that gem yet?


jessica murgatronoid