Monday, November 3, 2008


Yesterday I was at the gym, just trying to chase away the doldrums.

I brought along my latest issue of Blender (which featured the reprehensible media sensation Katy Perry) to read while I attempted to forget my decline into poverty.

I was happy to find an exclusive with Chrissie Hynde, whom I have always admired.
She was going on and on about her recent return to Ohio, her burgeoning community activism in said state, when the reporter asked her about her thoughts on the upcoming election.

Her response was priceless.

She'd rather "vomit and lick it up" than talk politics.

I'm on board with that!


Can we just get this election over with already?

But then Chrissie said something that troubled me.
She swore allegiance to Obama but declared that he would never win.
She claimed she "knew her people" i.e. the people of Ohio, a key swing state.

I might be a perpetual Pollyanna wearing rose-colored glasses, but seriously, I find it impossible to believe that any person owning a fully-functioning cerebral cortex would vote for anyone other than Obama.

I am positively stymied when I walk past a car with a bumper sticker celebrating the McCain/Palin ticket.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

I got home today to find this sweet little youtube nugget.

Palin, you are owned!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4aHL12vtEM&feature=related

Posted by Posted by penny earned at 6:24 PM
Categories:

 

0 comments: