Friday, August 1, 2008


Aaaah, I miss the wonderful weirdness that is the south.

I briefly attended college in Asheville, N.C.
Shit got a little too crunchy for my taste before I booked it to New York.
God I miss the days when I left the scene precisely when I felt it was time.
Youth! So precious! So heart-achingly fleeting.

I digress.

Asheville is a hotbed of craziness.
Some shit went down you wouldn't believe.

If you are at all of the literary persuasion then you must visit Asheville at least once before you die.
Shout out Ashevillions! Much love!
Seriously though, I stayed in the apartment once inhabited by F. Scott Fitzgerald (can I get an amen for This Side of Paradise....talk about pre-Salinger truth-spraying!) and almost rented a place at the house where wifey Zelda tried to off her self in a fire. (I dunno' what the Commodores had going on with all that brick house business....them's stones are not 100% flame retardant. Clearly!)

Also, my dog pissed on Thomas Wolfe's grave. Totally awesome considering he was a racist ass-munch.

Thomas Wolfe, not my dog. Bitch is a libertarian.

But weird things happened to me while I was in Asheville.

I had an apartment on Flint St.
It was small and my first of many revolving roomates was a raging cunt.
Hey Adrianna, how are you?

Eat me.

But the woman whose lease I took over was like, "hey, watch out. we have ghosts".

I'm thinking, keep smoking that herb and pumping the nag champa, hippie.

Oath to God! I was visited.

It wasn't some sexy incubus affair. I WISH!

Apparently my apt. was located in a former V.A. hospital. No lies, I would wake up to the sounds of heart monitors, breathing machines, and wails. OH! THE WAILS!

So I was not surprised at all when I saw this news item.

My guess is that unless you have spent a considerable amount of time in Asheville, said link will mean nothing to you. But if you are like me and have witnessed some freaky shit going down there, you will understand.

Rock well, my friends...
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/08/08/legrand.haunted.school.wspa

Posted by Posted by penny earned at 9:18 PM
Categories:

 

0 comments: