Wednesday, August 13, 2008


Yeah. That title has nothing to do with the actual acne remedy.*

Wait for the words. I swear I will make a connection.

Recently I had a moment.

I complain a lot. It's therapeutic.

But I have been bitching quite a bit more than usual lately and even I am tired of hearing it.
So I racked my brain (and my friends and family) for some guidance as to a solution and decided to go back to school for my M.F.A. (a.k.a. Motherfuckin' fine ass!---also referred to in polite society as a master's of fine arts....pishah! polite society---with all your strictures and Dockers and Celine Dion balladry).

Horror!
Ever have that dream where you're still in high school but EXACTLY the same age? Holy psychic trauma!

But shit has gotten to the point where I need a change. This much strife is just uncouth. I'm about to freak out Amy Winehouse style and nobody wants to witness that.

So, I am applying to Columbia as my first choice.

Raising the bar high, I know. But it's about time I did something besides belly up to it.

I have a second choice, New School. They already accepted me once for my under-grad and I must say, I like the idea that when somebody asks me which
University I attend, I can reply, "Oh, I'm kickin' it New School".

Fingers crossed that I get into one of the above because my third choice is Iowa.
Pro:Great writing school.
Con:In fucking IOWA

*
Though I hear it works!
Seriously, I once lived in the same apartment building as this beautiful creature who had a subscription to Elle and a Kate Moss endorsed wardrobe.

I used to sneak a peak in her mailbox everyday like it was magic fairy happy land.

Ahh, living vicariously since 1977 should be my new motto.

Ladies and gents, I could count the number of pimples I have had in my lifetime on one hand.
Those eruptions are Vesuvius style occurrences.But I spent the $30 dollars anywho. Whatever.

Posted by Posted by penny earned at 8:05 PM
Categories:

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I know you've been having a rough go, this is great...albeit sad when you leave & I officially have no friends. Wait, who am I kidding? I have over 100 friends? Myspace tells me so!

mehera said...

Grad school?!? Woohoo! Can I go?

(PS--I got into Columbia. Want help with your application? I'll bet it runs in the family....)

Miss Voodoo said...

oh Columbia. Where people stare at others who don't belong and shoot laser beams from their eyes that may peirce your heart. They sniff out the poor and then get caught in a tance of disbelief that maybe your winter coat came from the thrift.
Ok- my X boyfriend went there. ;)
Goals are awesome- art is awesome, good luck!!!!