Wednesday, September 10, 2008


I realized tonight that I have eaten for free the past five nights in a row.
I have literally been feasting on the spoils of friendship.

The one thing that has kept me from going completely bat-shit insane (not to mention, broke) is my wonderfully awesome friends.

I know I use this forum as a sounding board for all the ills and general* qualms I have with, well, life.
*albeit legitimate---'cause let's face facts, 90% of the populus sucks....which is why I feel so fortunate to have befriended those of you about whom I'm speaking...smooches!

But I would like to take a moment to thank god for all of my friends.
I honestly, HONESTLY, don't know what I would do without you.

Michael, thank you for laughing at every one of my silly ideas (p.s. guerilla/gorrilla art is a go!).

Leslie, thanks for being your wonderful self and passing along a good reference about me to your cohorts without my even having to ask...I love you!

Jess, I would have totally rocked it at trivia tonight. Alas my wallet was hungry and unfortunately she takes precedence right now. I swear to god, I will kick it phunky phresh next week if you'll still have me. I just adore you!

God, this list could go on and on. These are just the wonderfully smart and superior human beings (not to mention damn foxy...seriously, how did I end up befriending a crew of such supremely attractive peeps?) that helped me out today when I was feeling particularly low upon awakening.

I really do feel like I am having a Sally Fields moment but I must say, oh guy in the sky...I am gonna' get sentimental, but the gratitude must be spread like land'o'lakes! . I'm not winning an Oscar but this is the closest thing to a platform I have, so...
I love you all.

And, Banana...I just cannot wait to see you!
I know it's going to be brief but time with you is always time well spent.

I miss you, angel-face.
I will buy some blueberry vodka and ginger-ale in preparation for your arrival ('cause I can't exactly go out all Biggie Smalls style at the club...but we never needed any lousy clubs to enjoy ourselves, did we?).

I hope I can give each one of my friends an iota of the solace that they have given me.

I complain. I bitch, I know.

But life is good knowing you guys are there. So thanks.

When I am rich and famous (in a non-skeezy or opportunistic but in a totally acceptable literary way) I will pay you back.

You can live in my villa.

The one in Paris will probably be more hospitable than the one in Tuscany.

Those Tuscan flies are killers!

Back to angry postings next time..Swear !
Gushing done!
This tempeh bacon sandwich ain't gonna' eat itself!

Posted by Posted by penny earned at 10:40 PM
Categories:

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

any time, my friend. any time....

Anonymous said...

aw, i love such sweet sentiment from a lady i know is in the know if you know what i mean.

sign me up for the blueberry vodka.