Tuesday, September 9, 2008


So I had some dinner with a friend tonight (big ups on the stir fry, J...it was "peachy" keen...if you know what I'm saying) and the talk turned to Myspace, Facebook, and other "social networking" sites.

I gotta' say, I think the whole idea of social networking is bunk.

Not gonna' lie, I have a Myspace page.
Or should I say, my dog has a Myspace page.

I can justify it because it belongs to my dog, not me! I trained her well.

How many creatures do you know who lack opposable thumbs and still manage to run their own web page? My dog straight up rules.

Anywho, what happened to actual meaningful conversation?

Seriously, how many times have you been involved in face to face dialogue with a person who drops some inanity ala' You are 100% Virgo if...
I could care less about your ridiculous lists! So you're proud of your astrological sign


Awesome...

Get a regrettable tattoo.

Don't bother me with all the ways in which you think your sign is superior. (p.s. It's not! The waterbearers are the leaders of the Zodiac. Ever heard a little ditty called The Age of Aquarius? It has sooo donned!)

I cannot even start to describe the atrocity that is choosing your top friends.
If I wanted to start a pecking order I would just go ahead and commit manslaughter and see who ends up becoming my bitch first...and then second and third.

God, prison puts things in perspective.
I recommend hard time almost 100% of the time!

Truly, though...I am a huge fan of telephones which, I suppose, makes me a relic.
And I gotta' give another shout out to J. because I have gotten exactly six pieces of hand-written mail this year and one such correspondence was from said lovely person.

I am still looking for a suitable frame, as snail mail is clearly experiencing a decline and that shit is about to become a museum-worthy artifact.

Myspace and it's ilk has made this generation uncomfortable with actual human contact.

And now I am going to sound like some bitter grandma, but come on!

Can't we just talk anymore?

Posted by Posted by penny earned at 10:26 PM
Categories:

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do know what you're saying...