Thursday, July 31, 2008


Guys are confusing.
And god help me, I still can't get enough.

I was having lunch with a friend and her daughter today and the conversation inevitably turned to men and how downright mystifying they can be.

So, we are talking about "playing games" as it relates to dating. Oh fun times! I just love having my mind fucked. It's so awfully romantic.
And because said daughter is five and actually plays "games", I felt the need to describe to her the adult definition of "playing games".

I explained that when adults play games, it means that they are saying one thing while thinking another (this is the abridged version---I can't be blowing a child's mind with all my knowledge on human behavior as it relates to the opposite sex....oh wait, yes I can---boys are weird--Nuff' said).

And all of a sudden it was like we were at a seance because that little girl was channeling Jung. This little pillar of wisdom opined, "Girls always listen but boys never do".

Aaah, from the mouths of babes.

I love you guys. I really do.
You challenge my mind to work differently. And by "differently" I mean in a When Rabbit Howls type of way.

Remember in junior high when you'd get a note from an admirer and when asked if you returned the affection you were prompted to check one of three boxes---yes, no, and the unfailingly frustrating maybe?

I suggest we return to that route. It would make things a whole lot less confusing.

Posted by Posted by penny earned at 5:00 PM
Categories:

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think simplicity works best. I'm all for the note passing. It clears things up right quick.