Thursday, July 10, 2008


I am not old. Not old at all...I'm still a twinkle in my grandma's eye! Thank you.

That said, there is like a five-year age difference between me and a few of my friends. They tend to be just a wee bit younger.

I was maybe 16 when the Internet really got to rolling.

I still fly by the seat of my pants every time I use a computer---the shitz all futuristic and stuff.
I remember the good ol' days when I would pick up a phone, use my voice to communicate things, and end it all with either a detailed voice message or an actual conversation. I miss conversations.

Those were fun.

What is up with the term "social net-working"? Less true words were never spoken (Besides that one time George Bush said...uhh, oh yeah--take your pick).
The majority of twenty-somethings I know use either myspace or facebook to keep in communication with people who "live far away or whom I just don't know too well"--quote. Long distance phone calls still exist, right? And, I remember a time when I didn't feel the need to communicate with people I didn't know too well. In fact, if you can only refer to somebody by their myspace name, maybe you don't need to be talking with them?
I dunno. Don't get me wrong.
I myspaced for a bit.
I got sucked in like our home planet is about to be (see below and FEAR, my dear reader). The shit made a weird voyeur out of me. I quit it right after I hit it. But I still have friends who only talk to me via the Internet.
And then there are others...Others who I know have a phone that works perfectly well for outgoing calls. And yet all I get are texts. I've often mused that if I had a better plan, I'd text more often. But I don't want to be textually active! I want to talk.

Are we all going to communicate via finger taps and l.o.l.'s in the future,ala' some primitive tribe?

What was that Chief click-clack-tongue tap?

You think my friend is hot?

Of course!

I'm on it. She's on board.

After all. I cleared my throat and flicked my cheek. That means it's go-time!

Right?

Posted by Posted by penny earned at 8:35 PM
Categories:

 

0 comments: